October Chat Thread - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 38

Thread: October Chat Thread

  1. #11
    Community Host eliann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    2,529

    Default

    Lesli, that is awful, that mother must be just ill finding out that news. I'm very sad for her too.

    I'm also dreading winter (even after the awful summer we had in Texas). I just got enough winter to last me a life time while I was living in Chicago. I'm also hoping that it doesn't cool down until after Oct. 29th, because my wedding is planned for outdoors. There is an indoor option too, but its not as pretty.

    And yes, DF is back on board for TTC. But he wants to wait until both of our insurances kicks in. I agree with him, so maybe January for me too!!!
    elizabeth & justin 10/29/2011
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

  2. #12
    Prolific Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,412

    Default

    Leslie - I'm figuring it won't work the first time, so I'll still be at it come January. Plus my co-worker just found out she's pregnant so the baby fever will be getting worse and worse. BUT that being said, I wouldn't mind being able to enjoy christmas and new years eve with a glass of wine or two....
    Is your DH a full time fire fighter? Mine is. Full time paid department, but we work in a city just north of NYC, so there is no wild fire details.
    That is so sad about that baby. Must be so tough for the parents. Losing a child is hard enough, but then this? Just so so sad.

    Elizabeth-Congrats on all that good job news. And hooray for DH to be back on board! Mine actually admitted he's excited for #2, but worried I'll want a 3rd when #2 is 18 mos. I told him he has nothing to worry about. I seriously don't think I could handle more than 2 with a full time job, an hour commute, and being over 40!!

    AFM - chopped my hair off yesterday. Seriously. Pixie Cut. I'm still getting used to it. Not 100% loving it yet, but I don't hate it either.
    Liam Matthew is here!! 10/18/2012 9lbs 6oz 20 inches

    ***Deirdre***
    Big Sister Erin Grace - Feb. 2010

  3. #13
    Mega Poster les27's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    2,575

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eliann View Post
    Lesli, that is awful, that mother must be just ill finding out that news. I'm very sad for her too.

    I'm also dreading winter (even after the awful summer we had in Texas). I just got enough winter to last me a life time while I was living in Chicago. I'm also hoping that it doesn't cool down until after Oct. 29th, because my wedding is planned for outdoors. There is an indoor option too, but its not as pretty.

    And yes, DF is back on board for TTC. But he wants to wait until both of our insurances kicks in. I agree with him, so maybe January for me too!!!
    Hoping for great weather for your wedding!!

    And YAY YAY YAY for Jan!!
    LESLI

    Lesli & Russell August 24, 2007
    Savanna June --- January 29, 2009
    Alivia Christi --- January 9, 2013


  4. #14
    Mega Poster les27's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    2,575

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nero1281 View Post
    Leslie - I'm figuring it won't work the first time, so I'll still be at it come January. Plus my co-worker just found out she's pregnant so the baby fever will be getting worse and worse. BUT that being said, I wouldn't mind being able to enjoy christmas and new years eve with a glass of wine or two....
    Is your DH a full time fire fighter? Mine is. Full time paid department, but we work in a city just north of NYC, so there is no wild fire details.
    That is so sad about that baby. Must be so tough for the parents. Losing a child is hard enough, but then this? Just so so sad.

    AFM - chopped my hair off yesterday. Seriously. Pixie Cut. I'm still getting used to it. Not 100% loving it yet, but I don't hate it either.
    My dh works for the BLM his job title is wildland firefighter so his is all wildfires no fires in city limits and he's only guaranteed work for 6 months out of the year.

    You should post a pic of the new haircut! I just got my hair cut also but just a trim so nothing new
    LESLI

    Lesli & Russell August 24, 2007
    Savanna June --- January 29, 2009
    Alivia Christi --- January 9, 2013


  5. #15
    Prolific Poster acandjh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,628

    Default

    Wow Lesli, you are on a mission to get your post count up!

    Deirdre ~ I agree with Lesli, you should post a pic of your new cut! I'm dying to get my hair done. I missed my last appointment 'cause of my surgery. Luckily, I don't have too much longer to wait... My next appointment is on the 15th.

    Elizabeth~ Congrats on the jobs. I'm glad it's helped your DF feel better about TTC. I'll be thinking "good weather" thoughts for your wedding!

    AFM~ We made another offer on a house. It's a total longshot because it's contingent on us selling our house, but we figured the worst that can happen is that they say no. We're going to do another open house on Sunday. This whole buying and selling houses stuff is stressful!
    ~Amy~

    Can I have a bite?






  6. #16
    Posting Addict ange84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Queensland, Australia
    Posts
    9,076

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VixB View Post
    Lucky you!! Still waiting for my AF to show up.... CD35 today??


    This month it's my DH's bday and Halloween!! yay! Just ordered my DH's gift today!
    I'm still waiting on PPAF, now Ijust want to see if I can make it to Christmas without it so it can be a full 2 years.

    I'm struggling, we had also said we would start TTC when DS was 1, but we just can't afford another child right now. I need to check a few things because I think we are getting ripped off with no childcare relief, from what I've heard we fall under the income limit, but I need to check into it more.
    Wendy




  7. #17
    Mega Poster les27's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    2,575

    Default

    UGH SNOW this morning

    that is all

    (why do I live in Utah again?)
    LESLI

    Lesli & Russell August 24, 2007
    Savanna June --- January 29, 2009
    Alivia Christi --- January 9, 2013


  8. #18
    Mega Poster les27's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    2,575

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by acandjh View Post
    AFM~ We made another offer on a house. It's a total longshot because it's contingent on us selling our house, but we figured the worst that can happen is that they say no. We're going to do another open house on Sunday. This whole buying and selling houses stuff is stressful!
    I used to be a home loan processor and underwriter, the whole business of selling/buying houses is SO stressful! I've also bought 2 houses and sold 1, so I feel for ya! BTDT
    LESLI

    Lesli & Russell August 24, 2007
    Savanna June --- January 29, 2009
    Alivia Christi --- January 9, 2013


  9. #19
    Mega Poster les27's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    2,575

    Default Infant Death Mentioned

    K so more is coming out about the 4 month old who died, I'm sorry if it bothers you guys for me to write this, but I think it's better the more people know, be VERY careful about who you have watch your children

    I guess the 4 year old brother (of the baby) saw what happened and is finally talking about it, and the teenage girl (the babysitter) has finally started talking as well

    So the teenage girl was at the family's house and was babysitting the 3 kids (ages 4, 18 months, and 4 months) the teen's mom was also there. So what is coming out is that it was the teenage girl who shook the baby (not sure on circumstances, I'm sure frustrated at 3 young kids around bedtime) the baby started having convulsions and seizures.....the teen and the mom of the teen did nothing....they gave the baby a bath and put him to bed....he was found 6 HOURS later when the mom came home from work and was checking on him.

    I cannot even imagine what this mother is going through, and for that teen and the teen's mom to NOT call 911 when the baby had convulsions, then to give the baby a BATH and put the baby to BED and act like nothing happened, OMG I just cannot fathom that there are people like this in the world. I hope they rot in H*LL. COLD BLOODED MURDER.

    Like I said, be very careful about the people who care for your child
    LESLI

    Lesli & Russell August 24, 2007
    Savanna June --- January 29, 2009
    Alivia Christi --- January 9, 2013


  10. #20
    Supporter kitkata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Canadian Rockies
    Posts
    361

    Default

    Hi Ladies!
    Thought I would stop back in as the craziness of September is finally over. Ended up working a lot of crazy hours in September and my computer time definitely suffered for it. But now I'm back in my regular schedule.

    Leslie - Wow about that story. I'm shocked to say the least. My heart goes out to that family for their loss.

    Elizabeth - Congrats on the job!! I hope your wedding is absolutely beautiful! Glad that your DF is back on the TTC wagon!

    It's the time of year where I hibernate. It's cold and wet from all the rain. It was supposedly snowing on the ski hill yesterday but it's still a tad too warm for it to stick but I can see us having snow soon. Need to finish off my gardens for the year but I managed to make everything I wanted to except tomato paste - which is hopefully my next set of days off (just waiting for the last of my tomatoes to turn).
    ~ Erica

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
v -->

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Terms & Conditions