We are waiting for DH to come around to the idea of having a third baby, but also for DS to be eligible for his free nursery place. It just means that i will have more one on one time with the new baby.
So what about you? Just feeling nosy.
Z ^i^ 2006
A ^i^ 2007
??? wanting 1 more.
hmmmm why am I waiting....Well you asked.... ;P
just had a miscarriage and need time to mentally recover from that & I want to quit my job. Dh is up for one change at a time - so quit job in June, TTC in July! LOL! We want to finish paying off the student loan between now and June so we can afford for me to quit.
Ethan - June 21, 2009
Olivia - December 5, 2010
5w3d - October/November 2012
My Ovulation Chart
Oh, there are so many reason (none of which are mine )
First we weren't married, then DH got sick, then we got married but we moved to the US, then I got diagnosed with BiPolar and DH wanted me to be stable. Then DH wanted to wait until I was off the medication, but I've finally had enough. So we've got a visit with a special OB on Monday and hopefully that will alleviate all of DH's remaining concerns.
1. I had my baby in October and got hit with PPD pretty bad. I think that having a baby in the spring will positively impact me because the days are longer and we have more sunshine.
2. Having a newborn during the holidays was not very fun for me. He wasn't sleeping well and we were both too exhausted to really enjoy time with our families. A spring baby would be much older during Thanksgiving/Christmas and we could relax with our families more.
3. Newborn in the late fall = too late for flu shot. I was so paranoid about DS getting sick that we didn't really leave the house until the weather warmed up. Which leads me to my next point...
4. I wasn't really able to take DS out on walks or rock on the porch and get some fresh air. Spring baby = walks in the warm spring air and rocking on our back porch and being able to open the windows to let air in. (Which I also think will help with PPD)
5. Age gap. By the time LO#2 is born DS will be about 2.5 years old and (hopefully) potty trained. He will be able to listen, follow instructions, and want to be a good big brother/helper.
6. I won't be miserably pregnant during the summer like I was with DS. August & 7 months pregnant = no fun!
7. I have some projects I'd like to get done in the house.
8. DH is finishing up his degree so I need for him to be done by the time #2 is born.
9. I can start stashing away extra money.
10. I babysat my cousin's little boy the other day. He's 8 months old. Having an 8 month old and my 13 month old at the same time was pretty intense. It was a good wakeup call that waiting for that age gap to increase is the right choice for us.
Those are my reasons! I've been wanting to start TTC right away but once I actually sat down, thought about it, and wrote down the positives of having a spring/summer baby the more peaceful I became about waiting.
Married to my love, M.
Hostess with the mostest: November 2011 & High Risk Pregnancy
DS Carter 10/25/2011
We are TTC - possibly this cycle but likely next - so our waiting is limited right now. We did wait as we had some martial issues that we needed to be beyond the OK stage. Things are really great and have been for a good amount of time. Ideally, we want a new house but we havent had luck in finding what we want without compromising- BUT we agreed that having a baby wouldnt wait for a new house. DS is going to be 3 in July so if we did get PG this cycle there would be a 3+ year age difference. DS is much more independent and can verbalize much more which is helpful. And lastly, I finally feel ready to "share" my time that I have with DS. I realize thats a normal thing to be worried about splitting your time between your first baby and adding another one. I tend to be way more anxious than a normal person without needing meds- or at least I dont think I need meds. I needed to feel OK with it. I am there.