Well tomorrow I'm going back to my RE to find out if I need further surgery because of "retained tissue" which they really think is just blood. I'm hoping I don't need ANYTHING else done unless they want to do an HSG to see if I have scar tissue from the first d&c. I really don't think this doc will do anything unless it's absolutely necessary for my health and future fertility and I know he'll handle it the right way. I'm just so ready to be told I've made some progress in healing so that I can move forward. I'm most worried about being told I have to have another surgery because I know that'll reset the clock and it will be that much longer before we're really back to TTC again. If that's what it takes to be truly healthy I can deal with it though as long as it's not a long wait to have it done. I'm trying to not be nervous about this appointment and have mostly been looking forward to it because I trust this doctor so much and all of his staff and I know they'll do the right thing. I have to admit I'm nervous anyway though. It's so hard to not be TTC now after all of this. It's the weirdest feeling. I've also really felt the need to be able to be intimate with DH with all we've gone through. It feels like we haven't been close together in that way in so long but I want to hear it's okay first and I wasn't told if it was or not so I figured I'd just better wait instead of potentially injuring things further.
I'll update about my appointment when I get a chance tomorrow. It's at 9:45 in the morning thankfully so at least I won't have to wait all day. Keep your fingers crossed that I get some good news.
Hi ladies! Sorry it took me FOREVER to get home. RE's office is an hour away and I stop off in the middle to pick up my mom. Anyway, it looks like mostly good news. He did another u/s and said that he's pretty sure it's a clot and no tissue. He really doesn't think that another d&c is necessary. He said I can try cyctotec if I want or I can do a month of birth control just to help regulate me and make me have a period which should get rid of the clot. He said he wants to see me back as soon as I get my period and get me back on Femara and that he does not want a long wait to try. He said he wants me to try as soon as my body is ready. He also said he didn't think there would be any scarring from the d&c or the infection and he also indicated that he thought it would happen again quickly since I got pregnant on the first cycle of Femara last time and after all the testing it just appears I have an O problem.
He said he looked at my u/s and thought things looked very healthy so it just had to be a fluke and he didn't think it would happen again either. His first words when he walked in were "Well this sucks". He was pretty surprised it had all happened but is determined to get things back on track so we're not stuck in this awful limbo. He did an hcg and some other blood work. I guess as long as the hcg is low enough he's not going to worry about another d&c. I guess if it's high it could mean tissue but he said he really doubted that so I think it's all good. I'll know tomorrow if I need to start the pill or not to get things going again. I'll do whatever it takes. I just want to be back to TTC again so I feel like I at least have some control over what's going on. I feel relieved and hopeful for the future right now and I really needed that.