And away we go!
DH (Lyndon) and I have made the decision: TTC in March 2005. Whew! So there's a huge step taken...now what?
The two major issues that we need to take care of in February (which are why we are going to wait until March to begin the unprotected BD) are future insurance for the baby and a preconception checkup.
As for insurance, I am currently insured by my employer (which will be sufficient for maternity, L&D), and Lyndon is insured by his; but I intend to give my six months notice (yes, six months notice!) when I get a positive test so we need to price out the cost of putting me and the future baby onto Lyn's plan. We will have to cover this ourselves, so the real issue is just finding out how much it will cost us and making sure that the cost does not affect our short-term goals.
As for the preconception checkup, I intend to call my Dr. tomorrow and set up an appointment. I'm a little concerned only because last time I was in for my annual (January 5th), my doctor saw fit to give me a little lecture about not being on BCP (we use condoms at all times - I don't react well with BCP) and about the inadvisability of motherhood while completing my undergrad - "if I really want to finish, that is". :roll:
I'm sorry, but I like my doctors to be DOCTORS. Fix me up and let me go! Don't try to instill your lifestyle opinions and morality on me. She has only been my doc since November '04, so I will not be heartbroken if I end up having to find another.
Anyway, we'll see how the checkup goes. If I feel at all uncomfortable with her, then I will look for a new PCP immediately, but at least the precon. checkup will be out of the way and we can begin the baby dance.
In the meantime, I suppose this journal will mostly be an outlet for my baby-fevered ramblings. I can't believe how quickly this fever crept up on me, but now I'm READY to be a mother. This is it. I'm psyched.