The last time we were at the Pediatrician they asked if I wanted Jordan to get one. I said I was going to talk to the doctor about it but then forgot and we left without her getting one. Part of me just wants to skip it this year. I was feeling okay about my decision until she started coughing the other night and I couldn't sleep because I started worrying I had made the wrong decision. I started thinking about how horrible I would feel if she got really sick and that kids actually die from the flu. I realize that's probably rare, but still.
I haven't had one either. I know my OB/GYN would want me to have one now that I'm out of the first trimester. I had to get two when I was pregnant with Jordan b/c of the H1N1 scare. One was preservative free but the other was not and I remember being concerned about that. I have done some reading on it but I never know who to believe and I figure the less I put in my body, the better.
On one had our risk of exposure is a lot lower than most. I haven't been getting out much at all b/c of my nausea, so Jordan is home a lot too. I know it would be different if she were in daycare or if I were working. Although, once I start feeling better we will be getting out more.
I know everyone has their own opinion on this but did your kids get one? Anyone want to share resources on how they made their decision?