$15 total (mom ornament/child gift) + shipping
$20 total (mom ornament/child gift-you choose how to split $) + shipping
$20 total ($10 mom ornament/$10 child gift) + shipping
Last year we did a card and/or ornament/gift exchange in which we sent a holiday card to every person and purchased an ornament for just one of those individuals as well as a small child/ren gift. This is what we were thinking of doing again.
For example: Those wanting to participate in the gift exchange you'd buy an ornament for your mom pairing and then your child would buy either a small gift or ornament for their child. For those with 2 little ones, we could try to pair you with another mom with 2, or regardless your exchange partner could choose to buy one gift for both or two while still staying within the $ limit. Also, if we said that the amount for the child ornament was $10 you could always choose to buy a book (2 books) for that child/ren if you prefer.
PM either Ashley or myself with the following information:
Which swap you'd like to participate in:
a)just the card swap with all members
b)just an ornament/gift swap with one other member & child(ren)
c)both of the above
1)Name and mailing address
2)Holiday decorating style if you wish
3)What your LO/LO's are currently into (likes/dislikes/sizes maybe too). If they are about to arrive I'm sure the giver could still find the perfect ornament or book
4)Your email address
Those that would like to participate please get your information to us by October 1st and then we could get everyone their exchange partner info by October 15th. Giving everyone more than enough time to shop!
Reminder: Ship deadline date: December 1st. This is for the ornament/gift exchange. Cards can go out when you regularly mail your holiday cards.
I am going to start a poll on this thread so that we can discuss what is reasonable for a $ amount for the ornament/gift portion of the exchange. Last year I believe $15+cost to ship won. I'll also start a holiday style thread like we had last year.
If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions let us know in this thread. We can do whatever we all think is best!
Can't wait to shop!
Pregnancy.org's Exchange Guidelines:
1) A host or preferably two (in case one gets sick) are asked to be the ones that are in charge of organizing all exchanges held on the board. This includes baby showers, birthday, holidays, cards, *secret sisters*, birth buddies... anything that involves collecting and giving out member's personal contact information -- full names; mailing addresses; phone numbers; emails; etc.
2) It is fine and even encouraged to involve members in the actual planning process -- i.e. setting $$ limits, type of exchange, day of opening, etc.
3) Make certain when posting about the signup that you DO mention that the member accepts any / all risks involved (i.e. neither you nor Pregnancy.org are responsible if they choose to participate.)
4) You do respect the confidentiality of ALL personal contact information submitted and under NO circumstance share it with anyone outside of admin(that would be in an emergency) without the permission of the member other than within the guidelines for the exchange (i.e. the person they are matched with would receive their info. No one else.)
5) NEVER post anyone's personal contact information or allow anyone else to. (See host instructions for more details) All submissions should be sent to the host organizing via pm or email. (*Tip* You may find that it is helpful to organize all this information as it is received in a separate folder on your computer.)
6) We do have eligibility requirements for participants. This is not meant to prevent members for taking part in the fun but insuring some protection for our members that those signing up are *legitimate* members onsite. Eligibility for participation in exchanges (any form!) are set at a minimum of 3 months Pregnancy.org membership and a minimum of 300 posts. Of these 300 posts, for birth boards that are 2 years and younger -- 100 posts should be on the board hosting the swap. For all others -- 50 posts from the board offering the swap. This information may be found via a search (limited to posts) on the individual participant’s profile for that particular board. If you need further instructions on how to do this, please let us know.
7) Please try to respect requests that ask NOT to have their private info sent to certain members. Obviously not everyone is going to get along and yes this does require a bit of extra effort. If you have problems please notify us and we will try to help. This is not something that you should publicize -- simply if someone does come to you and specifically asks "Please do not give ______ my mailing address" then try to respect that if at all possible. (We obviously may have to revisit this in the future if it becomes a big ordeal.)
For shipping, a return receipt (delivery confirmation) IS required. Once the member has shipped their item encourage them to save their receipt and give you the tracking number for your records. Generally these tend to run approximately $1 U.S. dollar or less additional expense and greatly help avoid potential problems.
9) If, for any reason, a member finds they will not be able to meet your agreement, they should please notify the host of the exchange immediately. We understand that there are certainly times that “life happens” and you cannot fulfill your obligation. Still, for fairness to the group as a whole, if this happens on two (or more) boards, you will not be able to sign up for further swaps/exchanges onsite.
10) Finally, remember that this IS meant to be fun and enjoyable for all involved.
Last edited by AshnBill; 10-10-2011 at 11:47 AM.
Just a reminder that deadline to sign up is the end of day on October 1st.
Just a reminder if anyone else wants to participate please send a pm. I'll be checking them later tomorrow or Monday morning.
I wish I could do this this year, but with buying the house, every penny has been pinched. IF we get some extra cash and send out extra cards, I might drop you guys one, but I don't want to be on the list so that I'm not mooching.
TTC#1 since 12/06----bfp 10/08, m/c 11/08
1st RE appt: dx with pcos and mfi. Joy.
2nd Surprise natural bfp: 3/10---Luke, born 11/10!
TTC#2 since 12/10
Everyone participating in the cards portion of the exchange should have a pm this morning.
I'll get to the ornament/gift pm's a little later on...
Okay. The ornament/gift exchange pm's are out now. Everyone that has signed up should have their pm's whether for ornament/card or both.
Everyone should have rec'd a new pm with one address change. Thanks!
New pm went out today with an address change!
Is it too early to mail the gift portion of this exchange? Part of me would really like to. Yes, I'm done shopping and have been for awhile.