Anyone bored enough to hear me ramble??
We have found two houses that we like and fit most of our criteria. I have no idea how we are going to decide. I know that this is a decision we will have to make but maybe putting it all down here will help me think through it all.
4 Bedroom, 2.5 bath, oversized 3 car garage, formal dining area
Burleson Home Pros
1. My dream neighborhood with lots of trees, big lots and home is buried back on the last street
2. Gorgeous views out of every window and there are LOTS of them so a lot of light (major plus)
3. It's only about 25 minutes from my family (major plus)
4. Love, love, love the HUGE backyard. (The whole lot is just over half an acre)
5. Most awesome laundry room. Ever.
Burleson Home Cons
1. The home had some major foundation work done about 6 years ago. The work that was done has a life time warranty but if other problems arise that are in another part of the house, it would be on us. (MAJOR drawback since we know it cost them $10,000 for the work. YIKES. Of course, the house may be fine from now on. We can get the foundation checked again along with the inspection, with the permission of the seller.)
2. The seller is actually a relocation company. They have added a few funky addendums to the traditional contract that you would inter into upon making an offer on a house. Again, this may or may not be an issue depending on how things go when it comes to the inspection. It's so complicated, our realtor had to contact a lawyer to sort through the legalese.
3. Older fixtures and I'm not crazy about the flooring. It's not terrible and those things can be changed over time.
4. Jason's drive to work would double.
4 bedroom, 3 full baths, 3 car garage, formal dining, also has a study
Benbrook Home Pros
1. Beautiful home, lots of upgrades and pretty details. No updating needed at all since it's newer.
2. It's much closer to Jason's work (major plus, less gas, less time in the car and more time at home)
3. I prefer the layout of this house for the most part. Open concept kitchen, a study which could double as a craft room! (YAY!)
4. I prefer the flooring and fixtures in this house. The kitchen is a more ornate than I prefer but it's still lovely.
Benbrook Home Cons
1. The biggest drawback by far is it is about 40 minutes from my family. I hate the 30 minute drive now but I usually hit some traffic, so time wise, it may not be that much different. Traffic should be much less from this house.
2. The view doesn't compare. It's a newer development and so the trees are sparse. It's sort of rolling hills but I would prefer trees.
3. The living room doesn't have as much area to play as the other.
4. There would be an HOA. Not sure what kind of anal retentive people we could be dealing with.