RQOTD - Monday

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
AshnBill's picture
Joined: 11/06/06
Posts: 5333
RQOTD - Monday

When is the last time you purchased something for yourself? What was it?

Joined: 04/09/06
Posts: 1244

About one month ago, I bought myself a couple of shirts and some capris. I am still weeding out all of my clothes that are too big and trying to replenish my wardrobe with clothes that actually fit. It is really hard.

a's girl's picture
Joined: 06/10/07
Posts: 1008

I bought mascara the other day. Not very exciting.

Lavender444's picture
Joined: 03/27/03
Posts: 1944

Wow. I have no idea. It's been a while....I think probably the enrty fee to a race I did a few weeks ago. Does that count?

Jenn0113's picture
Joined: 03/09/07
Posts: 5335

I bought a pregnancy support belt on Friday. :rolleyes:

Kayla1981's picture
Joined: 01/04/07
Posts: 1529

A couple of weeks ago I bought a dress to wear in my friend's wedding and a pair of chocolate Toms.

Kayla1981's picture
Joined: 01/04/07
Posts: 1529

"Jenn0113" wrote:

I bought a pregnancy support belt on Friday. :rolleyes:

How does it feel wearing it? I had times where I wondered if I should buy one. I had some serious pelvic pain when I was pregnant with Jordan.

Lavender444's picture
Joined: 03/27/03
Posts: 1944

"Kayla1981" wrote:

A couple of weeks ago I bought a dress to wear in my friend's wedding and a pair of chocolate Toms.

How do you like your Toms? I've been thinking of getting some. I hear they run large- di you find that to be true?

a's girl's picture
Joined: 06/10/07
Posts: 1008

"Kayla1981" wrote:

A couple of weeks ago I bought a dress to wear in my friend's wedding and a pair of chocolate Toms.

What are chocolate Toms?

Kayla1981's picture
Joined: 01/04/07
Posts: 1529

"Lavender444" wrote:

How do you like your Toms? I've been thinking of getting some. I hear they run large- di you find that to be true?

I think I ended up with a half size smaller. The canvas stretches a little and the sales lady said they should fit like a pair of sox. I like them. I think they are cute and they are easy to slip on. I wouldn't say they are my most comfortable pair of shoes but I really like the idea of supporting a company that is charitable. So far I would buy another pair in the future. They have some adorable Toms for kids! And for the record, my friend has some and thinks they are very comfortable.

"a's girl" wrote:

What are chocolate Toms?

Toms are a brand of shoe that donates a pair to a child in need for every pair purchased. The guy who created the company is from my hometown. Smile I heard there will be Toms glasses now with the same concept of one pair donated for every pair purchased.

a's girl's picture
Joined: 06/10/07
Posts: 1008

"Kayla1981" wrote:

I think I ended up with a half size smaller. The canvas stretches a little and the sales lady said they should fit like a pair of sox. I like them. I think they are cute and they are easy to slip on. I wouldn't say they are my most comfortable pair of shoes but I really like the idea of supporting a company that is charitable. So far I would buy another pair in the future. They have some adorable Toms for kids! And for the record, my friend has some and thinks they are very comfortable.

Toms are a brand of shoe that donates a pair to a child in need for every pair purchased. The guy who created the company is from my hometown. Smile I heard there will be Toms glasses now with the same concept of one pair donated for every pair purchased.

That is awesome. I just went to the website!

mommyvolc's picture
Joined: 03/22/07
Posts: 1296

Never heard of Toms...must be an American thing.

I bought some clothes on Sunday...one of my favourite stores was having a 50% off sale, so I got 2 blouses, 1 pair of jeans and a pair of pants. I need to spruce up my wardrobe since I've pretty much been wearing scrubs or maternity for the past 3 years to work...time for some new work clothes for fall. I bought a bunch in the spring too...

Nicole

yipeeladybug's picture
Joined: 01/18/06
Posts: 1214

...

I bought myself a Nike+iPod sensor. To replace the sensor from years ago, so that I could finally use my Nike+iPod on my runs. And a running jacket.

Jenn0113's picture
Joined: 03/09/07
Posts: 5335

"Kayla1981" wrote:

How does it feel wearing it? I had times where I wondered if I should buy one. I had some serious pelvic pain when I was pregnant with Jordan.

I haven't received it yet - I got it from Amazon. I hope to get it soon though because I am getting desperate for relief.

"Lavender444" wrote:

How do you like your Toms? I've been thinking of getting some. I hear they run large- di you find that to be true?

I love my Toms. I got them for Christmas last year and I wear them every chance I get. I would love more colors eventually but I hate spending money on shoes.