RQOTD - Wednesday

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
AshnBill's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 11 months ago
Joined: 11/06/06
Posts: 5333
RQOTD - Wednesday

What is your child(ren)'s current favorite activity? What is your favorite activity to do with them?

Offline
Last seen: 2 years 11 months ago
Joined: 04/09/06
Posts: 1244

Let's see:

K and S love to read. It seems like we are reading to them constantly or they have a book in their hand "reading" to themselves. Biggrin

Isaiah is a hard one. I would say that he currently loves his DS or Wii. Sometimes, we play the Wii as a family. We have limits on video game time in the house, so it seems like he is constantly begging, and we are constantly saying no.

Right now, we have instituted family game night for either Friday or Saturday nights. It is only Isaiah because the girls are too young. We put the girls to bed, grab a game, and play for a little while. Isaiah is a little confused by it because we have never done it before, but I love it. He gets attention from both of us without his sisters screaming and crying because they are jealous. We get some peace and quiet, plus we get to have fun with each other.

Lavender444's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 1 month ago
Joined: 03/27/03
Posts: 1944

My kis both love slides, playing catch or baseball and pretending they are puppies.

Ava is also loving reading- which delights me to no end! Thye love going to the library and picking out new books.

a's girl's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 10 months ago
Joined: 06/10/07
Posts: 1008

Alison loves to color!! She gets so excited when I get out the big box of crayons and we color together...or play with the sidewalk chalk. Oh and she loves it when we dance!

Jenn0113's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 10 months ago
Joined: 03/09/07
Posts: 5335

"melnzai" wrote:

Right now, we have instituted family game night for either Friday or Saturday nights. It is only Isaiah because the girls are too young. We put the girls to bed, grab a game, and play for a little while. Isaiah is a little confused by it because we have never done it before, but I love it. He gets attention from both of us without his sisters screaming and crying because they are jealous. We get some peace and quiet, plus we get to have fun with each other.

Melanie - I love this idea and think we may have to do the same thing for Deacon once his sister arrives.

Deacon's current obsession is playing tag - except he just yells "you can't get me, na na boo boo" and then runs. Once you tag him he says it again, he never takes a turn being it. LOL

alwayssmile's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 1 month ago
Joined: 08/26/07
Posts: 14483

Melanie, my husband can't wait to have a game night! He's already asked me how much longer we have to wait before Aiden is old enough. Lol

Aiden's favorite activities are chasing the cat and trying to eat his food, pulling up on my bookcases and dumping out every single book he can reach, and changing all the settings on all of our TV electronics.

My favorite activity to do with him is read. It's the one time he's still and will snuggle with me. Smile

mommyvolc's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 10 months ago
Joined: 03/22/07
Posts: 1296

Alicia loves to paint. DJ loves trains, anything to do with trains.

I love to take them to the beach and play in the water and make sand castles.

Nicole

Offline
Last seen: 2 years 11 months ago
Joined: 04/09/06
Posts: 1244

"mommyvolc" wrote:

I love to take them to the beach and play in the water and make sand castles.

Nicole

Jealous! I wish I could take my kids to the beach!

"alwayssmile" wrote:

Melanie, my husband can't wait to have a game night! He's already asked me how much longer we have to wait before Aiden is old enough. Lol

Aiden's favorite activities are chasing the cat and trying to eat his food, pulling up on my bookcases and dumping out every single book he can reach, and changing all the settings on all of our TV electronics.

My favorite activity to do with him is read. It's the one time he's still and will snuggle with me. Smile

I think we started some board games with Isaiah at 2.5. He didn't completely get the concept, but he liked to play with the pieces. Biggrin

My girls love Aiden's favorite activities! That is the story of our life right now. I can never get my house clean. I pick up and one of the girls is right behind me tearing it all out again.

"Jenn0113" wrote:

Melanie - I love this idea and think we may have to do the same thing for Deacon once his sister arrives.

Deacon's current obsession is playing tag - except he just yells "you can't get me, na na boo boo" and then runs. Once you tag him he says it again, he never takes a turn being it. LOL

Deacon will love that. As for tag, that is too funny! I love it!

Offline
Last seen: 1 year 9 months ago
Joined: 06/10/07
Posts: 1692

"melnzai" wrote:

Right now, we have instituted family game night for either Friday or Saturday nights. It is only Isaiah because the girls are too young. We put the girls to bed, grab a game, and play for a little while. Isaiah is a little confused by it because we have never done it before, but I love it. He gets attention from both of us without his sisters screaming and crying because they are jealous. We get some peace and quiet, plus we get to have fun with each other.

Love that you guys are doing that!

----------
M loves his trains and playing outdoors right now. He also loves puzzles and books.

M2 loves playing peek-a-boo, books, and his exersaucer. He also loves to explore right now since he crawls around and pulls himself up.