Can I come here???? Intro (m/c ment)

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 5 months ago
Joined: 02/01/11
Posts: 208
Can I come here???? Intro (m/c ment)

Hi ladies, don't know if it's been 2 years for your standards. I went of my bcp in 4/09 but was jlih. It didn't so we started trying in 4/10 and got a bfp in 9/10 but had a missed m/c. I was heart broken but found this site after that and was lurking for a while. We started trying right after my Dr. said we could which was 01/11. Well no luck. I have now found out I have PCOS and an unicorn uterus. We go for our consult on the 15th so I don't know what we will do next.

That's it for now untill I know I can stay here will you ladies.

Thanks,

mom2robbie's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 9 months ago
Joined: 01/20/07
Posts: 2541

Carin,

Of course you can join. Hate to say "welcome" as we all wish that this group did not exist. I am sorry for your loss, m/c are so hard and you will find most of us here have had at least 1 m/c. As for PCOS if you have any questions feel free to ask. I have had it since I was 16 and will turn 43 in August (boy am I old!! ) I was able to get pregnant with my son with only metformin (BFP was the day before my appointment for fertility drugs). Robbie is now almost 7, so PCOS does not mean you can't get pregnant...just a little harder.

Offline
Last seen: 1 year 6 months ago
Joined: 07/26/04
Posts: 1595

Hi and Welcome! This is a great group of girls! Sorry about your loss and your difficult time TTC. If you don't mind me asking what is a unicorn uterus? Good luck!! KUP on your appt!

Offline
Last seen: 2 years 5 months ago
Joined: 02/01/11
Posts: 208

Margaret, Thanks for the welcome. I did start on Metformin right after seeing my endo he put me on it. I take 2000mg a day. It has help with my sugar not spiking without reason so that is good in itself. I've been on it for 2 months but only one at full dose. I was ok with the PCOS it was the unicorn uterus that got me down but have read a lot of successful stories on line even found a group for it. Do you still take metformin or only when trying? Did you stay on it when you were pregnant?

Marisol, Thanks for the welcome. From what I understand right now is I have one tube connected with my uterus and it's only half the size. I didn't develop fully. I also have a pelvic kidney which I have known about for years. I will let you know what happens on the 15th.

mom2robbie's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 9 months ago
Joined: 01/20/07
Posts: 2541

"mac1006" wrote:

Margaret, Thanks for the welcome. I did start on Metformin right after seeing my endo he put me on it. I take 2000mg a day. It has help with my sugar not spiking without reason so that is good in itself. I've been on it for 2 months but only one at full dose. I was ok with the PCOS it was the unicorn uterus that got me down but have read a lot of successful stories on line even found a group for it. Do you still take metformin or only when trying? Did you stay on it when you were pregnant?

I take 1000mg and is what I was on when I got pregnant. I stayed on it but had to drop to 500mg at about 20 weeks. I actually lost 40lbs while pregnant and eating 3000 cal/day! It took about 6 months after I started the met that things got better with cycles etc. I tried going off the met and my sugars spiked so we are calling me a full diabetic now. Only having one tube could be an issue but if you ovulate from that side things should be good. Is the tube narrower then usual or shorter? Another thing that I only learned about recently is that women with pcos have a higher rate of endometriosis...cause having one form of infertility is just not enough! Also, higher risk for cervical cancer.

Good luck with your appointment. Definitely let us know how things go.

Lizbet22's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 2 months ago
Joined: 04/01/09
Posts: 2859

Hi and welcome!
There is always room at our kitchen table.
I am sorry fir your loss and long journey.
And sorry for the late reply.. I am the pet Brit here so I am either in front or behind.

I look forward to getting to know you and following your journey.
Hugs
Xxxxx

Offline
Last seen: 2 years 5 months ago
Joined: 02/01/11
Posts: 208

"mom2robbie" wrote:

I take 1000mg and is what I was on when I got pregnant. I stayed on it but had to drop to 500mg at about 20 weeks. I actually lost 40lbs while pregnant and eating 3000 cal/day! It took about 6 months after I started the met that things got better with cycles etc. I tried going off the met and my sugars spiked so we are calling me a full diabetic now. Only having one tube could be an issue but if you ovulate from that side things should be good. Is the tube narrower then usual or shorter? Another thing that I only learned about recently is that women with pcos have a higher rate of endometriosis...cause having one form of infertility is just not enough! Also, higher risk for cervical cancer.

Great info. Thank you. Dr was thinking endometriosis at first but then I showed him my chin and we went to pcos. I always said that I was just screwed up down there cause of the pelvic kidney but now I have proof. LOL We don't need anything else to go along with the pcos but now I have lots to go along with it but I will beat it. I don't know anything about my tube but I will ask. He said it was clear but that is it. I was getting tears in my eyes so he knew it wasn't a good time to talk.

Hi Liz and Thanks for the welcome. I already like it on this board. I feel you ladies understand Thank you all Smile

mom2robbie's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 9 months ago
Joined: 01/20/07
Posts: 2541

"mac1006" wrote:

Great info. Thank you. Dr was thinking endometriosis at first but then I showed him my chin and we went to pcos. I always said that I was just screwed up down there cause of the pelvic kidney but now I have proof. LOL We don't need anything else to go along with the pcos but now I have lots to go along with it but I will beat it. I don't know anything about my tube but I will ask. He said it was clear but that is it. I was getting tears in my eyes so he knew it wasn't a good time to talk.

Hi Liz and Thanks for the welcome. I already like it on this board. I feel you ladies understand Thank you all Smile

Great info on the tube being clear! That is half the battle, especially if you have endo too! I wish there was another way to diagnose endo then surgery but I did get pregnant right after surgery (that was my latest m/c). Knowing what you are dealing with is half the battle.

Glad you feel welcome. We do understand all to well the frustrations of dealing with wanting a baby and it taking so long.

kadibug's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 10 months ago
Joined: 07/17/11
Posts: 247

Long term IF sucks... so welcome! I have never heard of metformin for endo... interesting. I have endo but I done nothing for treatments since my problem is mostly with my eggs. Most women with IF have multiple diagnosis, even if they never discover all of them.

I hope you have your miracle soon!

Offline
Last seen: 2 years 5 months ago
Joined: 02/01/11
Posts: 208

"kadibug" wrote:

Long term IF sucks... so welcome! I have never heard of metformin for endo... interesting. I have endo but I done nothing for treatments since my problem is mostly with my eggs. Most women with IF have multiple diagnosis, even if they never discover all of them.

I hope you have your miracle soon!

Thank you. The metformin is for my pcos. I don't know if I have endo but it was a possability when I talked to my dr the first time.

yipeeladybug's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 1 week ago
Joined: 01/18/06
Posts: 1214

Welcome here! Hoping the metaformin works to reduce/get rid of your PCOS! I echo Margaret's statement about understanding wanting a baby and it taking so long. This is a wonderful, supportive group - glad you found us.