I finally decided that with the move we would need to find a local RE. I was considering for a while going back to the old one but it's 60KM (about 40 miles) from our new house, and trying to get there for monitoring in morning rush hour would be very painful.
I called our clinic and asked for the referral. I had two clinics to choose from, and after reading a LOT I chose the one with better reviews. Unfortunately, the waitlist to see the RE is WAY long. Our initial appt to see him isn't until MID SEPTEMBER!!
I'm so sad about this. I mean, I guess it's ok since it's summer and I can relax, unpack and decorate the new house, get back in shape (I was so bad with eating during the house buying process and I've gained back a bit of what I lost last year) but I just want to get started again.
Oh well, I hope this new guy is worth it!
I'm sorry to hear this Rachael, but I do think it's worth the wait to get a better dr/clinic. Either way, you have to pay a lot of money!!
Well, I guess I spoke too soon! I booked the appt last week but I got a call yesterday evening to cancel that appt and book a new one July 11! It seems that the Dr. will be on vacation when they booked me in September and it just happens they had a cancellation yesterday I was able to take! Whoohoo!!
That's great news that you got in earlier! Good luck on July 11th!
That is fab news!!! Not long to wait at all!!!
Oh new house and start of new life!!
I just know this is going to be your year!!!
TTC 2 Years +
Thanks! This doc, while insanely busy, receives awesome reviews. He's more of a "lets do more testing to find root cause" type person than other doctors. We shall see what he says after reviewing our case!
Sounds like the guy I went to in Toronto - who was amazing!!! Good Luck!!
DS Sawyer 4/1/06
DD Payton too beautiful for this earth, born silently 7/19/09 at 33 wks
DS Greyson 6/29/11
DS Parker 4/14/14
Great news, Rachael!
Rachael, Sorry to hear about the long wait. Like you said you can relax and get the house in order. Can you possibly talk to the office and ask them to be on a waiting list for cancellations to get in sooner? I did that with the one RE I saw and it worked out perfectly b/c we got in about 2 months sooner. Good luck
Oops, I didn't read the whole thing....That is great news. Hope it works out for you