Third Cancelled IUI--Moving On
Made our third trip up to RE today. Numbers have improved some. Overall count was in normal range. Had enough to do wash (first time they've had enough to feel confident to try it). Post-wash, only had 500,000 good (they like to see 5-10mil post) 8% motilty with 1% fast moving and 7% slow progression. RE felt that we had just as good a chance conceving naturally, so recommended we save our resources and try on own, which we did.
RE feels it's time to move on. He offered us a referral to a urologist to discuss medications to try and boost counts and then try IUI again in 3 months.
He also offered to move on to IVF. It will cost us upwards of $20,000. Our insurance covers $0.
So, here we are at the crossroads. Big decisions to make.
I am trying to hold onto every little bit of hope that I can muster. I'd be lying if I said it weren't tough. DH is really having a difficult time even discussing it.
I have a ton of questions, and would love some insight on IVF for those of you have gone through it... what type of work-up will we (I) have to go through? Is this something I can start now, or wait until we make a decision to move forward with IVF? I'm very anxious thinking about it all.
Thanks for listening!