I met with my Doc yesterday. He went over my HSG results in more detail. He says the "suspicious adhesions" are in the pelvic cavity and not the tube, so that's a plus. He was also optimistic about the blockage getting shaken up because ultimately they did get the dye through. He wants me to come in on day 9 or 10 (depends on my temps) of my next cycle to do a mucus test.
When I asked him about revisiting the idea of Clomid he was hesitant. He loved my chart, and is nervous about giving me Clomid for fear of damaging my ovaries, which apparently work just fine. He wants DH and I to try naturally for three or four more months. He is very optimistic, and told me that after an HSG chances often rise by upwards of 15%.
I am trying to be as optimistic. Three plus years and it hasn't worked so far, ya know? And I mentioned that I had an HSG before and it didn't seem to help. But as he pointed out, last time they didn't get the dye through.
So, it's a waiting game.
But, ever forward. I'll move on from this. And by golly I'm GONNA get knocked up if it's the last thing I do!!!
So, that's good news, right???? Kinda?? I so know what you mean about the waiting... it is the HARDEST thing! Especially when you have a plan! Three months will fly by... just keep telling yourself that... and in the meantime, we're here for you.
Btw, do you trust this RE? How long have you been going to him? Do you feel like you need a second opinion?
Yeah, it's kinda good news. My temps dropped today so that's a bummer. I trust my doc a lot. He's been very compassionate and willing to work with me. He's great at going over options, and I can appreciate his decisions to to tests first and really look into every option before pushing meds. I just would really like to try a very low dose of Clomid to up my chances along with estrogen to help out my mucus. If that didn't work after a couple cycles, think my hubby and I are willing to consider IVF.
Hubby also brought up adoption the other day, which I absolutely love him for. So many children need good homes, and I definitely would like to adopt at least one child in the future. But I can't help being selfish and wanting to experience a pregnancy and birth with the man I adore, and who I know would be the absolute best during the whole experience. I'm just not ready to give up yet.
Thanks for all the support! It really has helped me from being a complete emotional wreck LoL
Hugs. Not totally bad news. I got pregnant right after my hsg, well at least the first one. Good luck!
Sean (38 )
Robbie (8 )
Bailey (April 2, 2011)
"The soul always knows what to do to heal itself. The challenge is to silence the mind." Caroline Myss
Thanks for the tips! I tried mucinex since it supposedly has the same active ingrediant as robitussin. I'm hesitant to take cough syrup if I don't have a cold, ya know? I actually hadnt heard about green tea, but I'll definitely give that a shot. I'm a tea drinking fool so I love that idea
Yes, it's a natural herb. Most people, from what I've read, usually take it anywhere from CD 3-8 or 5-10, not sure if it matters (probably depends on when you typically O in your cycle), success stories either way. From what I've read, higher dose is 160mg x2 days, 200mg x2days and 220mg x2day. Lower end would be 120mg x2 days, 160mg x2day 200mg x2days.
There is a thread floating around here somewhere with some websites that have a ton of information on it...
Might just be worth a try!