9 day wait

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
mrs.doolittle's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 11 months ago
Joined: 02/18/08
Posts: 1335
9 day wait

Fertility Friend threw some crosshairs on my chart on cd18. Seems like cd18 or possibly cd19. Either would be earlier than last cycle (cd 20). Hoping that I'll get an extra day or two added onto my lp, too.

ambie719's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 3 months ago
Joined: 10/03/07
Posts: 811

Yay for crosshairs! Good luck in the 2WW. I'm only on CD6 so I have up to 2 weeks to wait for O to happen.

momof5sweeties's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 9 months ago
Joined: 02/08/06
Posts: 525

woohoo!! crossing my fingers for you! Smile

mrs.doolittle's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 11 months ago
Joined: 02/18/08
Posts: 1335

"ambie719" wrote:

Yay for crosshairs! Good luck in the 2WW. I'm only on CD6 so I have up to 2 weeks to wait for O to happen.

Are you ovulating late, too? I'm still bf'ing and it's affecting my cycle. Not ready to kick the habit though.

ambie719's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 3 months ago
Joined: 10/03/07
Posts: 811

"mrs.doolittle" wrote:

Are you ovulating late, too? I'm still bf'ing and it's affecting my cycle. Not ready to kick the habit though.

I was, before the m/c I was Oing around CD 19 or 20, the only time I O'd earlier was when I was on Vitex, and that was CD16 (and that was the cycle I got pg). Isaac has weaned in the last month though so I may or may not still be Oing late, we'll have to wait and see I guess.

mrs.doolittle's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 11 months ago
Joined: 02/18/08
Posts: 1335

"ambie719" wrote:

I was, before the m/c I was Oing around CD 19 or 20, the only time I O'd earlier was when I was on Vitex, and that was CD16 (and that was the cycle I got pg). Isaac has weaned in the last month though so I may or may not still be Oing late, we'll have to wait and see I guess.

Did he wean himself? Just wondering because my LO seems to be seriously attached to the boob. My MIL asked recently how long I plan to nurse. She was polite, but I know that the nursing thing makes her uncomfortable. I told her we'd definitely stop before he's in high school. Good thing she loves me. :rolleyes:

momof5sweeties's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 9 months ago
Joined: 02/08/06
Posts: 525

"mrs.doolittle" wrote:

I told her we'd definitely stop before he's in high school. Good thing she loves me. :rolleyes:

I LOVE this response!! My last one self weaned at 22 months. Although the last few months he only nursed right before bed each night.

ambie719's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 3 months ago
Joined: 10/03/07
Posts: 811

I think it was a bit of both him weaning and me weaning him. I've never had any intention of extended BFing (not that I think its weird or anything, its just not for me) and I had wanted to wean at 1 year but he is still coming along a little slowly with the table foods, so I went slow with it. When I did get pg he was just going from 2x a day to once a day, so he had already cut back pretty low on his own. By the end he was just barely snacking, latching on and getting distracted and pulling off, wiggling and squirming, so we were both pretty ready to be done, he really doesn't seem to miss it at all.

mrs.doolittle's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 11 months ago
Joined: 02/18/08
Posts: 1335

"ambie719" wrote:

I think it was a bit of both him weaning and me weaning him. I've never had any intention of extended BFing (not that I think its weird or anything, its just not for me) and I had wanted to wean at 1 year but he is still coming along a little slowly with the table foods, so I went slow with it. When I did get pg he was just going from 2x a day to once a day, so he had already cut back pretty low on his own. By the end he was just barely snacking, latching on and getting distracted and pulling off, wiggling and squirming, so we were both pretty ready to be done, he really doesn't seem to miss it at all.

I can't say that I ever had any intention of extended bf'ing, but I never had a weaning date in mind either. Just flying by the seat of my pants here. That's how my birth went, too. Not sure if you (Amber) remember, but I had my DS at 37w4d. My water broke early on a Sun. morning. The hospital where I gave birth was about an hour and a half from home. I called the nurses when my water broke at 2am and then started laundry for myself and the baby (no bag packed). Of course we didn't have gas in the car either and our hospital tour was scheduled for that upcoming Thurs. All I knew was that I didn't want drugs. Everything worked out fine without birthing classes or "studying" the labor process. That pretty much sums up my life as a FTM. I'm not really a "plan out the details" kind of person. Wink Kind of drives my DH batty sometimes because he likes to have an itinerary and doesn't like when plans change at the last minute. I think that's probably part of why we get along though.

ambie719's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 3 months ago
Joined: 10/03/07
Posts: 811

I'm half planner half go with the flow lol. I had planned more the first time around and when all those plans went to he|| I realized there are things you just can't plan with babies/kids so I've been a lot more chill this whole time around. With something like BFing though its so hard to plan for when it'll end unless you pick a cut-off date for whatever reason. I had set 6 months as my goal with DS1, we made it to 8 months before supplementing (I got pg and couldn't handle all the feedings with my nausea) and it was 11 months before he completely weaned. So making it to 15 months with Isaac was definitely improving on that, and I knew from the start that I could easily make it to 1 year with him, he had no nursing issues like DS1 had, in fact he was too good a nurser and had always refused the bottle, even pumped milk, so I really had no choice lol.

I guess I take the same half plan/half relaxed approach with TTC. I sometimes temp and OPK and I keep track of CM so I like to know whats going on with my body, but I don't adhere to any sort of a BD schedule, we just DTD when we feel like it/have the energy and if were lucky enough to BD more than once around O time, well then thats awesome.