Depressing MOPS meeting :(

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
glwolf's picture
Joined: 09/26/11
Posts: 928
Depressing MOPS meeting :(

I went to my MOPS meeting today (Moms Of PreSchoolers) and I love the girls there. It was just so hard to sit through so many people talking about their pregnancy or walking around with thier newest baby or talking about how thier daughter is pregnant etc. Seems like everytime I turned around a baby was cooing so cute or moms were talking about nursing. I know this is expected at these meetings and it never bothered me before but today it really did. Mabye because I found out I'm not ovulating I feel infertile and it is getting to me. I'm so depressed now Sad

Sorry didn't me to verblly :puke2: on you all but I knew you ladies would understand.

CrysRee31's picture
Joined: 06/01/11
Posts: 1473

Gina I completely understand! Vent away!! It's so hard to hear/see everyone with their baby bellies and newborns Sad So many in my section at work have children who are having babies now so baby talk is frequent as are pictures and such. I broke down in the car yesterday when I had to pick up formula for my sis in law, bawled my eyes out the entire drive home so I feel your pain! To make matters worse we get the - so when are you having another one? question all the time, since DD isn't DH's bio kid family and friends expect us to have one together. I try to choke out a 'oh we'll see'

:bighug: remember you're not alone!

glwolf's picture
Joined: 09/26/11
Posts: 928

"CrysRee31" wrote:

Gina I completely understand! Vent away!! It's so hard to hear/see everyone with their baby bellies and newborns Sad So many in my section at work have children who are having babies now so baby talk is frequent as are pictures and such. I broke down in the car yesterday when I had to pick up formula for my sis in law, bawled my eyes out the entire drive home so I feel your pain! To make matters worse we get the - so when are you having another one? question all the time, since DD isn't DH's bio kid family and friends expect us to have one together. I try to choke out a 'oh we'll see'

:bighug: remember you're not alone!

Oh that stinks I'm so sorry to hear that! I'm trying so hard to keep my chin up and not get depressed since I know it might get better but it's just so hard! If I mention this stuff to DH he says "maybe we should just appreciate the ones we do have and be done" he just doesn't get it.

Joined: 03/02/07
Posts: 473

sorry double post

Joined: 03/02/07
Posts: 473

Sorry you are so down. I've had many, many days like that. It's so incredibly hard to want something so much, and to have reminders all the time that you aren't getting it.

Recently its been very painful for me to be faced with pregnancy announcements/baby arrivals. It didn't bother me at all at first, after all, we were trying too and would be pregnant soon! But as time goes on, and you start to worry it's going to be a problem getting pregnant (and I've also had two early m/c), all the happy announcements and talk pour salt into the wound. Now it's a major trigger for a sad and anxious few days for me. I'm tired of feeling that way, so now I just avoid it all as much as possible. Which is starting to have it's own repercussions.

Anyway, I just want to also let you know, you are not alone either in the way your husband is handling it. My husband is just like your husband. He would be totally content to let it go and just have our two. But for me, having another on has been on my mind every single day since we started trying (ok, to be honest, pretty much every day since the last one was born). It's made it so much harder on me to not have his full support as it became clear it wasn't just going to "happen" for us. My hubby is still not gung-ho over going to extremes to try to have another, but he's going along because he sees how heartbroken I am over this, and that it is not going away. I am a bit envious of those people whose husbands are 100% as excited as they are to add to the family. But I am grateful that in the end, my husband is supporting me, even though he it's been a struggle and he doesn't want it nearly as much as I do. My best advice is to just talk to him, a lot, about how you are feeling.

I hope your day improves. I've been there so many times! You are so not alone!

alwayssmile's picture
Joined: 08/26/07
Posts: 14483

Vent away! DS is only 14 months and I'm already getting sick of the "when are you going to try for #2?" questions. Fertility is a touchy subject for me and it wasn't until more recently that I've been willing to let more than just my best friends know about our struggles conceiving DS. Like you said, you know those conversations are going to be going on but at the same time it still bothers and upsets you.
There's a girl I knew from high school who posted on FB the other day, "whoops! Guess I'm pregnant again! Wonder how this happened? Ha ha." This is baby #4. I was not amused considering we're only 28/29 now and I've already had fertility issues. I decided to hide her updates before I said something rude. So basically I ignore when I can and when I can't I remind myself that I DO know people (mostly online, but hey y'all count too!) who understand my frustrations. I'm not alone! And neither are you! Smile

glwolf's picture
Joined: 09/26/11
Posts: 928

thanks ladies you made me feel so much better you have no idea! I just kicked butt in my workout tonight and I think that helped too LOL. It's something to be proud of anyway LOL Seems to raise my mood.

CrysRee31's picture
Joined: 06/01/11
Posts: 1473

"alwayssmile" wrote:

There's a girl I knew from high school who posted on FB the other day, "whoops! Guess I'm pregnant again! Wonder how this happened? Ha ha." This is baby #4. I was not amused considering we're only 28/29 now and I've already had fertility issues. I decided to hide her updates before I said something rude. So basically I ignore when I can and when I can't I remind myself that I DO know people (mostly online, but hey y'all count too!) who understand my frustrations. I'm not alone! And neither are you! Smile

I've got at least one of those on FB as well - she's due this week and I can't bare to see if her baby has been born yet Sad All she did during her pregnancy was complain that she was stressed cause she didn't want to be preg and how horrible it was to be preg and ugh why did this happen to her...
Sometimes you just gotta block those out!

mrs.doolittle's picture
Joined: 02/18/08
Posts: 1335

"CrysRee31" wrote:

I've got at least one of those on FB as well - she's due this week and I can't bare to see if her baby has been born yet Sad All she did during her pregnancy was complain that she was stressed cause she didn't want to be preg and how horrible it was to be preg and ugh why did this happen to her...
Sometimes you just gotta block those out!

Seems like we all have one of those friends. My one of my really good friends from college had no idea what we were going through when she sent me an email filling me in on her life. She was unexpectedly pg with DS2 and wasn't happy about it. That was the same week my second IVF cycle failed. She was in CA and had no idea, but it still shredded my heart.

Joined: 10/02/11
Posts: 1937

It's soooo nice to know that I'm not the only one that wants to kick my computer when I see how great everyone else's pregnancies are going. I even get mad at the stores or at the TV because it seems like pregnant ladies are everywhere I look! Before I was trying it didn't seem as if there were that many. I don't want to be rude, very very very deep down I am happy for them, but sometimes it just gets the best of me. I was at work this morning and busted into tears when a certain vendor walked in. He was trying to make me feel better when another vendor walked in and walked up to me and said, "SO YA PREGNANT YET?" what? I so wanted to stomp on his foot.

Leah261's picture
Joined: 09/14/11
Posts: 1244

Gina I'm so sorry. I think we all know how you feel though. So know that you're not alone. Seems every time I'm doing better and I get a little break from baby being on the mind 24/7 another pic of someone's brand new baby pops up on FB...or it's the announcement that they're pregnant. It still kills me sometimes that one of my best friends who "never wanted kids" is pregnant and is doing great and is just entering her third trimester. Thankfully she hasn't complained about being pregnant or anything which helps but still...it's just killer. I think there have been at least 5 announcements or births this week. Ugh! It's enough to make a lady crazy! Big HUGS sweetie and vent all you need!

glwolf's picture
Joined: 09/26/11
Posts: 928

I have to admit it is hard for me to see how easily some of the women here get pg too. I am happy for them but at the same time I'm like... "how can they get pg the 1st month they try and heres me..."