How in the world is this possible???? Take a look:)

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
Joined: 01/15/12
Posts: 24
How in the world is this possible???? Take a look:)

OK so I went potty (held for 5 hours!) in a urine cup, I had to go out and get more tests. So a hour later I dipped a digi FRER and waited 3-4 minutes later this popped up!

I keep thinking something went wrong with the test since my ob's office called this morning and said my blood draw was negative!!!! WTH! any of you ladies gone through this madness? O then I had to pee any way so I peed on the second stick and a BFN came up. (is that because I urine was not concentrated enough like my hold 5 hour pee?) . I took the second test and hour after my initial going to get the BFP. Tell me what you ladies think I am about ready to go buy more!

1st time mummy's picture
Joined: 08/03/10
Posts: 209

Weird, I would buy another digital and then use FMU to test again...if it come back + I would the call my Dr for another blood draw....I have not had this happen, but anything I have read says that you can't have a false +....maybe because you let your urine sit out for an hour? I don't know KUP!!

alwayssmile's picture
Joined: 08/26/07
Posts: 14483

Maybe they don't count it as a positive until it reaches a certain level (I've heard 25 and 50 both before). With today's OTC HPTs, we find out we could find out we're pregnant before the doctor would consider us pregnant in these cases since some HPTs pick up very little amounts of hcg.
I also remember a few years ago while TTC DS that one girl had an argument with her doctor's office because they just did their own pee stick tests, but if the 2nd line wasn't dark they'd claim it was negative figuring it was a chemical or miscarriage. :roll:

Also is this a disposable cup that you peed into? I have to ask because it has been known to happen that if a cup is reused from a past pregnancy or someone else who was pregnant (even after being washed and such) that HPTs come up positive even though the mom is not pregnant.

And if you're REAAAAAAAAALY early it's very possible to have a BFP from holding the pee but not in later tests later in the day where you didn't hold it. Find a way to keep yourself buy and test Saturday. By then if you're pregnant your numbers should have doubled and will therefore be easier to have that BFP answer consistently.

Joined: 01/15/12
Posts: 24

No alwayssmile this was a brand new dixie cup I used lol. Dang wish I never wasted that test now I have to go buy more. I held that pee forever it was killing me. I have 4 children now, but never second guessed a HPT. The only reason I am doing so now is because I had the blood draw Tuesday. Thanks so much for you reply.

mrs.doolittle's picture
Joined: 02/18/08
Posts: 1335

I would call your dr. and let them know you had a + hpt. I would assume you were just early and didn't make their arbitrary hcg "cutoff" to be considered pg.

Joined: 01/15/12
Posts: 24

"1st time mummy" wrote:

Weird, I would buy another digital and then use FMU to test again...if it come back + I would the call my Dr for another blood draw....I have not had this happen, but anything I have read says that you can't have a false +....maybe because you let your urine sit out for an hour? I don't know KUP!!

No the urine I let sit for an hour was fine. Here is an article check out #37
http://www.peeonastick.com/hptfaq.html#37

Joined: 01/15/12
Posts: 24

"mrs.doolittle" wrote:

I would call your dr. and let them know you had a + hpt. I would assume you were just early and didn't make their arbitrary hcg "cutoff" to be considered pg.

I hope so because I am super confused still lol. I go back to the OB at 11:30, and get to see him. I am sure this will get ironed out today. FX.

Joined: 01/15/12
Posts: 24

"alwayssmile" wrote:

Maybe they don't count it as a positive until it reaches a certain level (I've heard 25 and 50 both before). With today's OTC HPTs, we find out we could find out we're pregnant before the doctor would consider us pregnant in these cases since some HPTs pick up very little amounts of hcg.
I also remember a few years ago while TTC DS that one girl had an argument with her doctor's office because they just did their own pee stick tests, but if the 2nd line wasn't dark they'd claim it was negative figuring it was a chemical or miscarriage. :roll:

Also is this a disposable cup that you peed into? I have to ask because it has been known to happen that if a cup is reused from a past pregnancy or someone else who was pregnant (even after being washed and such) that HPTs come up positive even though the mom is not pregnant.

And if you're REAAAAAAAAALY early it's very possible to have a BFP from holding the pee but not in later tests later in the day where you didn't hold it. Find a way to keep yourself buy and test Saturday. By then if you're pregnant your numbers should have doubled and will therefore be easier to have that BFP answer consistently.

Ugh this is so frustrating! I am keeping my fingers crossed for sure. I am wondering if I should take some FMU with me to the office visit today. Once again in a fresh cup lol. Of course I do not want to look like a weirdo in the waiting room holding pee! I am sure he will order another blood draw though. I to figure it's really hard to get a digi to give a false positive.

1st time mummy's picture
Joined: 08/03/10
Posts: 209

"Kansascitymama" wrote:

No the urine I let sit for an hour was fine. Here is an article check out #37
http://www.peeonastick.com/hptfaq.html#37

I did not know that....thanks for the info!! Smile

mrs.doolittle's picture
Joined: 02/18/08
Posts: 1335

"Kansascitymama" wrote:

Ugh this is so frustrating! I am keeping my fingers crossed for sure. I am wondering if I should take some FMU with me to the office visit today. Once again in a fresh cup lol. Of course I do not want to look like a weirdo in the waiting room holding pee! I am sure he will order another blood draw though. I to figure it's really hard to get a digi to give a false positive.

I would hold onto some FMU for them. Call and ask if they will be doing a urine test or blood test. I seriously doubt a digital test would give a false positive.

ambie719's picture
Joined: 10/03/07
Posts: 811

I hope you get some answers today. Smile

Joined: 01/15/12
Posts: 24

Ok ladies I am back and I am officially pregger's!!! I am so excited. I will see my ob again in four weeks since I am high risk, and I start my P17 shots at 16 weeks. Pre term labor is not my friend. Good luck to all of you. I hope to see many BFP's.

ambie719's picture
Joined: 10/03/07
Posts: 811

Yay!!! I'm glad it was good news! Congrats! Yahoo

alwayssmile's picture
Joined: 08/26/07
Posts: 14483

Congrats! Smile

1st time mummy's picture
Joined: 08/03/10
Posts: 209

Congrats!! :wootjump: Sticky vibes being sent your way!!!!!

Joined: 01/15/12
Posts: 24

Hello ladies I am doing great. My U/S is on February 10 at 0930 then back to my Ob February 17th. I tried a detect5 hCG test and was pleased to see my levels read up to 2000 mIU so obviously they have more then doubled. Hope the rest of you ladies get your BFP's asap. My EDD is on my Birthday 09-30.

AnnaRO's picture
Joined: 07/06/08
Posts: 7033

:party: Congratulations!! That's fantastic!