DH has decided he wants to wait a while, take a break and revisit the idea of TTC in 6 months. We've already been trying for over a year with no success so my odds keep dwindling, doesn't look like I'm even Oing but he wants me to go back on BCP till we've gotten settled and can come to a new decision, "we'll discuss it again in 6 months and make another plan".
I'm heartbroken. I'm already facing a wait of up to a year to see the OB for tests looking into my secondary infertility, now I'm not sure they'll even talk to me if I've been back on BCP, if I ask for a new prescription I'm afraid they'll contact the OB and I'll just get bumped from the list.
He says he doesn't care if we can't have a baby, he's happy with just the 3 of us (DD isn't his bio child). There are no babies here to adopt and we can't afford an international adoption - we can always adopt he says.
What happens in a few years when HIS clock starts ticking and I'm too old...
Sometimes a brief break can really help.
i'm so sorry! this is all so hard! Can you not go on the pill and just not try and if it happens it happens? if you're not ovulating anyway it can't hurt right? Maybe he's just super frustrated and doesn't want to think about it anymore.
Gina & Rob 6/3/00
Proud Mom of Alyssa 11/19/04 and Logan 9/4/07
DH has been super stressed with all the changes going on here so being alone in the hotel all week he's been thinking... and decided he's not sure he's ready for a baby now (after 14months of TTC) we hashed it all out and finally (after lots of tears) came to the compromise that we can NTNP for now as long as I stop timing, temping and peeing on things. No plans to TTC in the near future yet but we'll discuss it again once we're settled into the new place and he has a chance to get his head straight. I'm not expecting much as far as BFP's go but at least there's the tiniest glimmer of hope left.
Oh sweetie I'm so sorry you're going through this. I am glad you were able to talk and come to somewhat of a compromise. It must be so frustrating being in this situation and not being able to get into the doctor for so long. I'm sending a big Let us know how things go and I'll be praying that you get a little miracle.