I'm a 30 year old mom of 2 boys.
DS1 (T) is 3.5 years old and was a preemie (32w5d - severe rapid onset pre-e) and was born via non emergent emergency c-sec (basically not really an emergency but they weren't playing around with inducing or waiting).
DS2 (J) is 18 months and was born on his due date as a VBAC. Both are happy and healthy! 3 months of insulin for GD but no pre-e so...
DH and I have decided to start working on a little girl (or boy would be fine but pink would be cute!). We've "pulled the goalie" but that's about it.
I'm a scrapbooker, a sign language interpreter (mostly K-12), SAHM, and probably all sorts of other things that I can't remember!
Feel free to ask me anything!
Hi and welcome hope your stay is short. I have 2 girls and we are trying for a boy. Another girl would be okay but as longs the baby is healthy.
DH Paul 34
DD1 Victoria 6 July 2006
DD2 Sarah 2 Feb 2011
DS1 Theodore July 2013
Married Aug 3, 2002
Hi and welcome!!!! YAY for pulling the goalie. We have recently done the same!
I'm 36 and have one DD. She was a non-emergency c-section also, because the little stinker was breach. I'm hoping to try a vbac next time around, but DH thinks I'm a bit nuts (he has a dd from a previous relationship who was a vaginal birth so he thinks the csection is easier, lol). I'd love to hear about your vbac experience.
As my DH has 2 DDs I think he'd love a DS, but in all honesty, I'd be happy with either! Last time we found out DD's sex, so this time I'm thinking of waiting!
I would take the c-sec any day! (health benefits aside) my recovery was sooo much easier. The vbac was actually really smooth. With the high risk stuff from the previous one I was seriously monitored (I also had insulin dependent gd) so I labored in bed (and I love the drug man). The hospital staff was great but I knew most of them well from my first ds (a week on bedrest and 17 days of my son in the NICU). They made sure that my simple birth plan was followed when it could e but always left the choices up to me and were really good about questions. The next one will be a vvbac (hehe) assuming all goes well (not pg yet).
Hello! Hope your ttc journey is short and sweet!
IVF with ICSI #1
Egg Retrieval- 01/15, 41 eggs. Cycle Cancelled- Severe OHSS.
6 embryos frozen.
March 5- 1 did not survive thaw, 2 transferred- BFN
FET #2- June/July
3 embryos left.
Follow My Story HERE!