I'm on my fourth postpartum cycle with no plans of weaning my 16 month old. I'm ovulating late (cd19 or 20) and have the typical short lp associated with bf'ing (8 or 9 days). I called my acupuncturist yesterday to see if I should wait until my son weans before trying acupuncture again. I already knew that she would most likely suggest weaning (she did). I'm not willing to go there yet so I guess things are kind of on hold. I talked to my DH and we're still going to "try," but we're not expecting much. I plan to just stick around to support others for a while.
I have to admit I have lost some of the hope that I had a few cycles ago when af returned. I wasn't tracking my temp until the third cycle and thought my ovulation date was moving up and my lp was getting longer by a day. Pretty sure that's not the case. I feel so blessed to have at least one LO though and wouldn't change our bf'ing relationship for anything.
I hope both of you are right.
I'm on cd15 and still waiting to ovulate. I'm starting to feel the beginning of my usual ovulatory "pain" (it's more of a discomfort that feels like gas for a couple of days) so I know my body is gearing up to ovulate. I love my body for giving me these signs! The "pain" should get more intense in a few days and then I'll ovulate within a couple of days. Looking like cd19 or 20 again at this point and that's ok. At least I'm ovulating!