We're on our way to knowing....

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Lily2006's picture
Joined: 05/16/11
Posts: 896
We're on our way to knowing....

So finally, dh and I have started the process of finding out why we haven't been able to conceive for the past year. DH dropped off a specimen for a semen analysis and I made an appt with an obgyn office. Thing is, for my first appt they want me to see a Nurse Practitioner. Is this normal? And if any of you ladies know, what would the nurse practitioner do for my first appt? Thanks for any and all input Smile

mrs.doolittle's picture
Joined: 02/18/08
Posts: 1335

Not sure what the NP will do other than ask questions and maybe set up bloodwork appointments. I recommend taking your charts (or at least summarizing them).

AnnaRO's picture
Joined: 07/06/08
Posts: 7033

That's awesome that you are finally getting some answers! I think the NP will just ask you all the questions that he OB would and then set up the preconception bloodwork. That's all my OB did when I first saw him after we couldn't conceive for 1+ years. I hope you get some answers with simple solutions soon! KUP! and :goodluck:

~Anna

CrysRee31's picture
Joined: 06/01/11
Posts: 1473

Yay for answers! Good luck and keep us posted!!! Biggrin

Lily2006's picture
Joined: 05/16/11
Posts: 896

Thanks for the replies ladies Smile So, DH got the results back from his SA and everything was absolutely perfect so we are thrilled about that. However, now I am left wondering, what the heck is wrong with me? I keep thinking about the HORRIBLE cramps I get with my AF and thinking that has something to do with our TTC battles. But, I'm not sure and since my appointment with the obgyn isn't until Feb 2nd, I guess I have a ways to go....Talk about a SLOW next two weeks!

hopin2bpreggermeggers's picture
Joined: 02/22/10
Posts: 567

:lurk:

Good luck. At least you will know!! My diagnosis of PCOS was both a heartache and a blessing b\c at least I finally figured out what was going on with my body. The first month of figuring this stuff out is all blood work and exams anyway, so an NP should be able to do it all. Good luck! Even if it is endo or PCOS, there are ways to help you TTC!!!

Lily2006's picture
Joined: 05/16/11
Posts: 896

"hopin2bpreggermeggers" wrote:

:lurk:

Good luck. At least you will know!! My diagnosis of PCOS was both a heartache and a blessing b\c at least I finally figured out what was going on with my body. The first month of figuring this stuff out is all blood work and exams anyway, so an NP should be able to do it all. Good luck! Even if it is endo or PCOS, there are ways to help you TTC!!!

That really is how I am feeling as well...no matter what happens at my appointment, I will be happy to finally have an answer! I'm hoping that this will get the ball rolling and my DH and I can conceive that beautiful baby we have been hoping for Smile

CrysRee31's picture
Joined: 06/01/11
Posts: 1473

"Lily2006" wrote:

That really is how I am feeling as well...no matter what happens at my appointment, I will be happy to finally have an answer! I'm hoping that this will get the ball rolling and my DH and I can conceive that beautiful baby we have been hoping for Smile

I know how you feel! :bigarmhug: It seems like we've had a similar journey, I'm waiting on seeing an OB (deathly slow system up here) so we can get a diagnosis once and for all as well, DH's SA also came back perfectly normal!

KUP and don't be a stranger!

mrs.doolittle's picture
Joined: 02/18/08
Posts: 1335

There's something comforting about having answers. Hope you know more soon!

Leah261's picture
Joined: 09/14/11
Posts: 1244

"Lily2006" wrote:

Thanks for the replies ladies Smile So, DH got the results back from his SA and everything was absolutely perfect so we are thrilled about that. However, now I am left wondering, what the heck is wrong with me? I keep thinking about the HORRIBLE cramps I get with my AF and thinking that has something to do with our TTC battles. But, I'm not sure and since my appointment with the obgyn isn't until Feb 2nd, I guess I have a ways to go....Talk about a SLOW next two weeks!

I know how you feel about a slow two weeks. My two week wait this time has been not waiting to find out if I'm pregnant but waiting to see if I have endometriosis and if I'll have to have surgery for it or not and it has been making me CRAZY! It's so much worse not knowing I think because if you know at least you have an idea of what to do to fix it and there's an end in sight. I think not knowing just tears us apart inside trying to figure out why and what's wrong with our bodies. I know it tears me up sometimes. So here's to your Feb. 2 appointment and getting some real answers about what's going on! Good luck sweetie and keep us updated!

Lily2006's picture
Joined: 05/16/11
Posts: 896

"Leah261" wrote:

I know how you feel about a slow two weeks. My two week wait this time has been not waiting to find out if I'm pregnant but waiting to see if I have endometriosis and if I'll have to have surgery for it or not and it has been making me CRAZY! It's so much worse not knowing I think because if you know at least you have an idea of what to do to fix it and there's an end in sight. I think not knowing just tears us apart inside trying to figure out why and what's wrong with our bodies. I know it tears me up sometimes. So here's to your Feb. 2 appointment and getting some real answers about what's going on! Good luck sweetie and keep us updated!

Thanks hun! And make sure to keep us updated about your progress as well!

Log in or register to post comments