Hi - Intro (loss ment)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Hi - Intro (loss ment)

  1. #1
    Mega Poster celticbandgeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,523

    Default Hi - Intro (loss ment)

    Well, it looks like I'm coming to play over here, ladies. I've been lurking around here for months at this point. For those who don't know me, I'm Jean and I've been hanging around the boards for about 2 years now. I'm 41, DH is 49 and we'll be celebrating our 2nd anniversary in June.

    Over the last year or so we've had 4 CPs and one M/C. Definitely a roller coaster. The CPs were all on natural cycles at various points during the process. We started working with an RE last June, did 2 IUIs in the fall (the 2nd was successful but led to the m/c). We did another IUI in March. And this past cycle was SUPPOSED to be IUI, but we canceled it when only one egg was likely to release, and that was on the side where my tube is blocked according to HSG. Unfortunately, of the 4 planned IUI cycles, only one resulted in an ovulation on the unblocked side....that was the m/c. Murphy's Law has been hard at work.

    We'd really like to give IUI a few more chances to get things going on the open side, but we feel like the clock is really ticking at this point and we aren't getting any younger. Plus, with the track record of CPs, it isn't looking like the eggs being released are particularly healthy. So, we're going on to IVF with CCS (at this practice they've dropped calling it PGD, in favor of Comprehensive Chromosomal Screening. Alphabet soup. )

    This is a one-shot-deal for us. My insurance would pay for several more IVF attempts, but will not pay for the CCS. Since we believe damaged eggs are the issue - they've tested everything on both of us and found nothing wrong - there is no point in us doing IVF without the CCS. After much discussion, we are not willing to use donor eggs and/or sperm. And DH is not open to adoption. So, we're "all in" on this one. No pressure or anything....

    I know you ladies know all about the different protocols. I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions. We're really into a 2-cycle deal with this. Estrogen priming/antagonist protocol. Retrieval and transfer sometime mid-June. I'm looking forward to getting out of lurker mode and getting to know you all better. I've seen what a great support network there is here!
    Jean


    2011/2012 - 1 M/C, 5 CPs

    JLIH from here on out and leaving it in God's hands


    MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools


  2. #2
    Super Poster DancingNancy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    521

    Default

    Welcome. Big hugs for your journey so far.
    ~Jenni~
    http://cvandjen.blogspot.com

    11/11 - 1st Fresh IVF attempt BFN
    02/12 - FET BFN
    04/12 - 2nd Fresh IVF attempt BFP
    4weeks 2 days
    9/12 - 3rd Fresh IVF attempt BFN
    7/13 - 4th Fresh IVF attempt BFP
    8 weeks due to chromosonal issues - A boy, Joseph Samuel

  3. #3
    Mega Poster
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Up North
    Posts
    2,933

    Default

    Welcome... hope this goes well for you.

  4. #4
    Posting Addict yipeeladybug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Cowtown, Alberta
    Posts
    7,386

    Default

    Jean, *hugs* good luck on IVF!!

  5. #5
    Community Host meggyrn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    3,930

    Default

    Welcome. I'm sorry for all your losses You've gone through a lot. I hope IVF is the answer for you. It seems like you have a good plan in place. Feel free to ask any questions you have. That's what we're here for!

    Meg-30 DH-42

    2 IUI's-BFN
    IVF #1-cancelled d/t embryos arresting before transfer (3/09)
    IVF #2-BFP 9wks-7/30/09 (6/09)
    IVF #3-BFN (5/10)

  6. #6
    Supporter kadibug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    the desert
    Posts
    247

    Default

    I know what you mean - this is it! We didn't have any insurance coverage for IF treatments, so this IVF is it for us... we didn't have one to freeze either. Adoption is also something my dh doesn't have a desire for. We are all nervous wrecks (you, me, and everyone is this last step)!

    Good luck to you!
    Me - 33 AMH 1.22, DOR, Polyspermy
    DH - 30 Low Testosterone
    WOOF - Annabell, 7 & Eleanor, 8
    TTC #1, 7/2009
    2 M/C's 2010
    1 M/C 2011, tri18
    2 IUI's 2011 BFN
    IVF - 4/2012
    BFP - 10dpt
    u/s 5/7 - HB128, one bean!
    u/s 5/17 - HB150, 7 mm bleeding (eek!)
    u/s 5/24 - HB162
    u/s 5/31 - HB180, NT .8
    u/s 6/7 - HB161, NT 1.15
    us/ 6/12 - HB143
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

  7. #7
    Prolific Poster WhiteWolf68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,362

    Default

    Jean, I've been thinking of you. I'm glad you'll be doing IVF. Our insurance doesn't cover CCS (PGD) at all, so we opted out. I'll be praying for a BFP for you & lots of eggs leftover.

    /hugs

    Jennifer

  8. #8
    Mega Poster celticbandgeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,523

    Default

    Looks like Murphy decided on another surprise for us before going to IVF. Apparently the tube we thought was blocked is actually open. Sounds like good news? Not so much.

    Went for beta Tuesday at the end of last cycle...I had been spotting since Sunday so I just figured AF was on her way. Nurse called Tuesday afternoon and said beta was "likely negative." Huh? Didn't really think the answer would be that ambiguous. Very low hCG, and they figured it was leftover still from a "booster" trigger they had me take when my progesterone measured low a few days after O. Beta yesterday...doubled, although still super duper low, with very low progesterone, and AF kicked in full throttle a little bit after that.

    So, another CP. It's getting a little unbelievable at this point. Now I have to wait for hCG to decide to go back down, and keep my fingers crossed that it does and this isn't an ectopic instead. I got for more b/w tomorrow morning to see where we're at.

    Not sure what it'll do for the IVF timeframe, but I'm guessing it'll push it back.

  9. #9
    Community Host meggyrn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    3,930

    Default

    I'm so sorry for another loss and that you have to be going through this. I hope you can find some answers soon and be on your way to a healthy pregnancy.

    Meg-30 DH-42

    2 IUI's-BFN
    IVF #1-cancelled d/t embryos arresting before transfer (3/09)
    IVF #2-BFP 9wks-7/30/09 (6/09)
    IVF #3-BFN (5/10)

  10. #10
    Mega Poster celticbandgeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,523

    Default

    Thanks Meg. This has been insane and I'm so frustrated right now. We just wanted to take one more shot before moving to IVF, and now we might have a real mess instead. Beta went up again today. Not a full double, and still way lower than they'd want even a first beta to be. But the fact it is still going up after a short-but-convincingly-heavy AF is concerning to all involved. It appears to possibly be ectopic. Because the beta number is so extremely low, they are hoping that it is going to essentially take care of itself. But of course they'll be watching it closely....and of course that means no IVF until things are resolved.

    I'm going back and forth between completely upset this happened and really angry that it did. I just wanted one more try at avoiding IVF, and I feel like karma or something is coming back at me for being so stubborn about it. I guess that probably sounds kind of dumb, but I'll blame the hormones for being slightly irrational at the moment.

    Jean

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
v -->

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Terms & Conditions