Wow was that weird walking back in the RE's office. All of the old emotions came flooding back to me. In a way we kind of felt like we never had left. After going over all of my old records we decided to do some round of tests on me and DH and then decide a plan. DH has very low sperm count (3million) but then the day of retrival he had a near perfect count (just shy of 20 milliion. Because of that RE is going to check his sperm count again and if it is on the higher side we might try an IUI with Clomid. But I only have enough insurance left for 1 more round of IVF so we still have to weigh our options. I don't want to blow all the money on the IUI when I am pretty confident that IVF will work.
UGH so many questions. We are going to do the sperm check and Day 3 blood work and then get back together for another conference to decide.
Over all it was a good appointment and I'm glad to be moving in the right direction.
How exciting to be starting again! I'm glad you had a good appt and look forward to seeing your progress!!
PS-I'm a PA girl too...originally from outside of Pittsburgh
Brenda & Scott
Glad you had a good appt. It will be interesting to see if DH's sperm count is higher again.
IVF #1-cancelled d/t embryos arresting before transfer (3/09)
IVF #2-BFP 9wks-7/30/09 (6/09)
IVF #3-BFN (5/10)
Hi Mandie- sounds like a great appt. It's so hard to make the decision between ivf and iui sometimes... But I think you just need to trust your instincts and do what is best for you and DH. If ivf worked once before, then I say just go for it. Especially with insurance/ wow. We pay everything out of pocket.
I hope dh's SA comes back good. Even if you decide ivf, that's just plenty more soldiers to choose from
KUP on what's next. xo
Thanks ladies. Well surprise, suprrise the witch showed her ugly head this morning so now I get to schedule my bloodwork. Only problem is that Hurricane Irene is rapdily approaching and may mess up me getting it. Right now I have it scheduled for first thing Monday morning and I really hope the roads are open so I can get there. If not I have to put everythign on hold for a month. ARGH stupid hurricane, doesn't she understand I want a baby?!?!?! Ok done venting.
Glad your appt went well. Hope you can get to the Doc on Monday.
Daughter Rileigh Ann arriving January 2012
As if IF isn't enough of a challenge, along comes a hurricane! KUP on what's going on - I'm anxious to stalk all the cyclers, as I'll probably be cycling again in January with a FET.