Yeah we won't be staying if we aren't happy or comfortable with the doctor. Getting another referral is hard though, our local GP won't take it seriously, he should have referred us when we first went to see him months ago, instead he ordered an SA for hubby and said come back, then he decided that something in hubby's SA may or may not indicate an infection ( no symptoms from hubby though) so ordered a course of antibiotics and another SA and to go back. I saw my GP in another town for a check up, mentioned TTC for so long and had a referral instantly. Unfortunately she is hard to get into and again needs travel and time off work. I hope everything works out and things move along quickly. A Mum from daycare has used the same doctor and has given good reviews
Well had the appointment, it was a long way to drive for the length of the appointment, but basically there is no identifiable cause right now, though limited testing has occurred because I am clearly ovulating and hubby's SA was really good. The next step is IUI which the doctor believes we will have good results with as we have proven fertility due to a previous pregnancy. He wants us to do 2-3 before the end of the year and if no luck with those we move on. Due to hubby's schedule it looks like we will have to use frozen sperm rather than fresh which sucks. We are seeing this month out naturally and hoping for the best, but if not next month will likely be our first IUI, timing just wouldn't work out for this month, we couldn't even get the CD 11 scan done because that is tomorrow and they aren't open on a Sunday to do it.
Fingers Crossed next month works out. Darn about them not willing to work on a saturday morning or Sunday for you.
Hubby often doesn't have those days off either. He is in hospitality, the only day for sure he gets off is Sunday and every few weeks gets a Saturday and the rest of the time it's a Monday. He has holidays next month he doesn't know about, but they start after I am due to ovulate and I am not sure what his roster would be that week, but if he got the Monday off that week it would be awesome, they could take the sample and freeze for just a couple of days
That would be a good idea.
My DH froze his sperm when we did IUI for a few different reasons. His counts were low so we figured a few different times would get the counts closer to normal when the time came for IUI and with his work schedule he can't take a day off last minute. He's an ER physician and the closest replacement is out of state.
IVF #1-cancelled d/t embryos arresting before transfer (3/09)
IVF #2-BFP 9wks-7/30/09 (6/09)
IVF #3-BFN (5/10)