Update

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
DancingNancy's picture
Joined: 08/30/11
Posts: 520
Update

Just a quick update from my visit to the clinic this morning. My baseline scan looked great (still no cysts and lining looked good). I'm to start stimming Saturday night! We are about a week ahead of schedule and are aiming for the week before Easter - 12 days from now!! I'm excited sort-of but mainly just incredible anxious and pertrified that it won't work. I know that I should be but I'm just keeping it real. Deep breaths in and deep breaths out...
I need to remind myself to stay calm and to focus on myself . I know it sounds selfish but we have a lot going on right now and I tend to have trouble asking for support and help - I need to be assertive and tell people IRL what I need. How's everyone else doing?

meggyrn's picture
Joined: 02/16/09
Posts: 2263

Glad your appt went well and things are ahead of schedule. I hope you get some lucky Easter eggs!

yipeeladybug's picture
Joined: 01/18/06
Posts: 1214

Yay for being able to proceed with stimming! Yes, hope it means better and better news for you!

I finally rec'd paperwork yesterday saying we are official on the IVF waitlist as of Feb 15, and then lots of instructions blah blah blah.

Also, today I went to the IVF info session that everyone is required to attend. I was the only single in a room full of couples. AWKWARD! The reason I went alone was b/c one of us has to stay home with Evie. Also Evie had gymnastics date with a boy tonight and DH took her there. Sean is now her best friend. LOLOL!!

Mimi83's picture
Joined: 08/04/09
Posts: 185

Yahoo for starting stims! Your cycle is moving along really fast Smile I will be starting Lupron next week when AF shows so I guess I'll be trailing right behind you Smile

Joined: 03/02/07
Posts: 473

Glad things are moving right along for you. Definitely keep your energies focused on yourself. I did find that it was easier for me after I told a few key people what was going on. This is definitely the time for good friends/family to rally behind you, so if you need something, I am sure they will pull through....even if its just going to a movie or something just for distraction.

BTW-I found a meditation CD I've been using sporadically since my last IVF and it has been pretty calming for me. I'm not even totally focused on it sometimes when I'm listening, but it seems to help.

Good luck. Will be awaiting updates.

Farmer21's picture
Joined: 05/19/11
Posts: 99

"yipeeladybug" wrote:

Yay for being able to proceed with stimming! Yes, hope it means better and better news for you!

I finally rec'd paperwork yesterday saying we are official on the IVF waitlist as of Feb 15, and then lots of instructions blah blah blah.

Also, today I went to the IVF info session that everyone is required to attend. I was the only single in a room full of couples. AWKWARD! The reason I went alone was b/c one of us has to stay home with Evie. Also Evie had gymnastics date with a boy tonight and DH took her there. Sean is now her best friend. LOLOL!!

Sorry to prod - but was this in cowtown?? I was in that session too! I didn't notice any single person so I'm not sure exactly who you are, but I just noticed the date and that you're from cowtown.

Farmer21's picture
Joined: 05/19/11
Posts: 99

"DancingNancy" wrote:

Just a quick update from my visit to the clinic this morning. My baseline scan looked great (still no cysts and lining looked good). I'm to start stimming Saturday night! We are about a week ahead of schedule and are aiming for the week before Easter - 12 days from now!! I'm excited sort-of but mainly just incredible anxious and pertrified that it won't work. I know that I should be but I'm just keeping it real. Deep breaths in and deep breaths out...
I need to remind myself to stay calm and to focus on myself . I know it sounds selfish but we have a lot going on right now and I tend to have trouble asking for support and help - I need to be assertive and tell people IRL what I need. How's everyone else doing?

Good luck!!! I used to NEVER ask for help. Finally I bit the bullet a couple months ago to ask friends to watch my little guy so I could work on my university course to get it done on time. It was the best thing I ever did. It's hard as heck, but if you need help, definitely ask!

StateChick's picture
Joined: 03/22/07
Posts: 3629

Jenni, PLEASE let me know anything I can do to help you!!!!! Posting here so hopefully you will surely see!!

DancingNancy's picture
Joined: 08/30/11
Posts: 520

Thanks C! I think the main thing is just prayers at this point. The doubt and hopelessness and self-loathing (i.e. if I were a better person, we would have a child by now) set in yesterday afternoon. But it's out of our hands and i just have to keep the faith and shake those negative voices. Hope that y'all are doing well!!

yipeeladybug's picture
Joined: 01/18/06
Posts: 1214

"Farmer21" wrote:

Sorry to prod - but was this in cowtown?? I was in that session too! I didn't notice any single person so I'm not sure exactly who you are, but I just noticed the date and that you're from cowtown.

Really? I was the tall Chinese chick. I was on one end of the room...LHS, I think???

Farmer21's picture
Joined: 05/19/11
Posts: 99

"yipeeladybug" wrote:

Really? I was the tall Chinese chick. I was on one end of the room...LHS, I think???

LOL - I guess I wasn't really paying attention to much - so overwhelmed and anxious. We were on the left hand side of the audotorium - I can't even remember what I was wearing or how my hair was done LOL - my hubby is tall skinny guy in jeans and I am tall and a bit softer looking lol - pretty average looking Biggrin

meggyrn's picture
Joined: 02/16/09
Posts: 2263

That is so funny that you two were in the same place at the same time! When I was going through my cycles there was another gal on here cycling that lived only 30 minutes from me. Small world!

Farmer21's picture
Joined: 05/19/11
Posts: 99

That is so funny! I live about 8 hours north of where the clinic is, so it's a bit further, but still - small world! Biggrin

yipeeladybug's picture
Joined: 01/18/06
Posts: 1214

"Farmer21" wrote:

That is so funny! I live about 8 hours north of where the clinic is, so it's a bit further, but still - small world! Biggrin

Totally small world! If you come down on a day I have a day off of work or if you want to come downtown for a coffee or lunch, let me know, we oughta meet!!

Farmer21's picture
Joined: 05/19/11
Posts: 99

"yipeeladybug" wrote:

Totally small world! If you come down on a day I have a day off of work or if you want to come downtown for a coffee or lunch, let me know, we oughta meet!!

Sorry I haven't been on lately! Yes, for sure! I would like that Biggrin