Return to Fetal Development Overview
- At 12 weeks pregnant, vocal cords begin to form - While perhaps not quite ready to be introduced to the nearest opera stage, your infant will use these immediately following the moment of birth. Bet you can't wait to hear that first cry!
- Those precious eyes begin to move closer together - Are you wondering if he will have mommy's crystal green eyes, daddy's laughing brown ones, or maybe out of the gene pool will emerge grandma's clear blue!
- Ears shift to their normal place on the side of the head at week 12 of your pregnancy
- Intestines move farther in to your child's body
- His or her liver begins to function - Responsible for cleansing the blood, storing nutrients, and providing needed chemicals, this is an important event!
- The pancreas begins to produce insulin
- Guess what? After 12 weeks of pregnancy, your baby's average size is now at a whopping length: 2.13 inches (5.4cm) and weight: 0.49 ounce (14gm)
Copyright © Pregnancy.org.