Return to Fetal Development Overview
- At 13 weeks pregnant, your infant is about 2.91 inches (7.4cm) and weighs around 0.81 ounce (23gm) - This is about the same weight as 4 quarters.
- If you could peek in again you may spot your baby as he begins to practice inhaling and exhaling movements
- Eyes and ears continue to move and develop at week 13 of your pregnancy
- Baby's neck is getting longer, and the chin no longer is resting on his chest
- Her hands are becoming more functional - Your baby may find it comforting to start playing with her fist.
- After 13 weeks of pregnancy, all nourishment is received from the placenta
- On your next doctor visit you should be able to hear heartbeat with a Doppler by now - (Don't worry though if you can't, the heartbeat can be confirmed through U/S). Your baby's heartbeat is much more rapid than your own and may remind you of the race towards birth that he is running!
Copyright © Pregnancy.org.