Return to Fetal Development Overview
- At 19 weeks pregnant, your baby has the same awake and sleep patterns of a newborn. He has a favorite position for sleep and recognizable active and rest periods.
- Throughout baby's body, nerves are being coated with a fatty substance called myelin, which insulates the nerves so that impulses can flow smoothly.
- Scalp hair becomes apparent in week 19 of your pregnancy. It has sprouted and continues to grow.
- The milk teeth buds have already developed and over the next few days the buds for the permanent teeth will begin to form behind the milk teeth.
- If baby is female the uterus starts to develop. If you're having a girl, the vagina, uterus, and fallopian tubes are in place.
- If it's a boy, the genitals are distinct and recognizable.
- Your baby is swallowing amniotic fluid and his or her kidneys are making urine.
- After 19 weeks of pregnancy, your little one's size is around 6.02 inches (15.3cm) and 8.47 ounces (240gm).
Copyright © Pregnancy.org.