Return to Fetal Development Overview
- At week 28 of your pregnancy, eyebrows and eyelashes are now very noticeable!
- Hair on baby's head is growing longer. Some babies are born with almost none at all, while others appear to be ready for their first haircut!
- Eyes are completely formed at 28 weeks pregnant. Quite a view from inside!
- Your baby's body is getting plump and rounded. Most of that increase is muscle tissue and bone. Fat will be added during the third trimester.
- Muscle tone is improving. Preparation for the Olympics feels like it is taking place in your womb!
- Lungs are capable of breathing now (but baby would still struggle and require medical attention if born now)
- Talk to your baby often, reading stories, singing songs and more. He or she can recognize your voice now and will often calm to it later on!
- After 28 weeks of pregnancy, your baby weighs in now at 2.2 pounds (1005gm) and is 14.8 inches (37.6cm).
Copyright © Pregnancy.org.