Return to Fetal Development Overview
- At 29 weeks pregnant, your baby's head is in proportion with body now. He appears more like a newborn each and every day!
- Fat continues to accumulate under the skin -- only now preparing for entering the *real world*.
- Your baby's brain can control primitive breathing and body temperatures.
- His eyes can move in their sockets at week 29 of your pregnancy. Soon he will be able to follow a blinking light.
- Your baby is increasingly sensitive to changes in light, sound, taste, and smell! Various studies show that your baby may indicate preferences (or disdain) for particular tastes or odors at this stage
- He is also moving from side to side, but probably still is head up. In the next few weeks, he will move to the head down birthing position. At times you may feel as if he is performing somersaults for a circus act!
- After 29 weeks of pregnancy, her length is now approximately 15.2 inches (38.6cm) and weight is 2.54 pounds (1153gm)
Copyright © Pregnancy.org.