Return to Fetal Development Overview
- At 31 weeks pregnant, the rate of physical growth slows down just a bit, but even though she doesn't get much longer, she will gain a lot of weight the rest of the pregnancy.
- Fat continues accumulating. This layer of fat turns her skin from red to the rosy pink she will have as a newborn.
- Calcium, phosphorus and iron are being stored and his bones are growing and hardening.
- Your baby is 16.2 inches (41.1cm) long and weighs 3.3 pounds (1502gm)
- At week 31 of pregnancy, his brain enters another period of rapid growth, producing hundreds of billions of new nerve cells! Amazing!
- She may move to the rhythm of music. Studies with heart rates show that she also prefers some types of music to others -- already!
- After 31 weeks pf pregnancy, lungs are the only major organ left to complete development. Remember, that while you may be anxious to meet your little one that these last few weeks can be vital - with each day increasing your baby's ability to breathe on her own.
Copyright © Pregnancy.org.