Return to Fetal Development Overview
- At 6 weeks pregnant, the arms and legs continue to develop - These limbs are stretching out more and more. Later on you will be feeling those feet and elbows up close and personal right in your bladder!
- Brain is growing well - Did you know that over the course of the remaining months that your baby's brain will develop over 100 billion neurons? This is just the beginning!
- Lenses of the eyes appear at week 6 of your pregnancy - If you could catch a glimpse inside, you would notice your baby's appearance becoming increasing like a newborn's.
- Nostrils are formed - The position of the nose seems to shift into its proper place as well. Soon, the nerves running from the nose to the brain appear.
- Intestines grow at week 6 of pregnancy - Initially these are actually located outside the baby's body within the umbilical cord.
- Pancreas - Your baby is now equipped to deal with digestive enzymes and take on processing the insulin and glucagons the body needs to function.
Copyright © Pregnancy.org.