Return to Fetal Development Overview
- At 7 weeks pregnant, elbows form - Again, taking a peek inside you could see your baby's fascination with bending and flexing. Later you will swear you can enlist your child as the star of the next "Karate Kid" movie!
- Fingers start to develop - These digits often become your baby's first toy!
- Feet start to appear with tiny notches for the toes - It is fascinating that at less than a half inch, your little guy (or gal) already is leaving "footprints" on your heart!
- Ears eyes and nose start to appear in week 7 of pregnancy - Although they may resemble an alien life form, these all "shift" soon enough into a more normal appearance.
- Intestines start to form in the umbilical cord - Did you know that initially the intestines are not formed inside your baby's body?
- In week 7 of your pregnancy, teeth begin to develop under the gums - Thankfully, right now you won't be dealing with teething pain!
Copyright © Pregnancy.org.