Return to Fetal Development Overview
- At 8 weeks pregnant, cartilage and bones begin to form - At the end of this week your baby will have already completed 1/5th of the journey 'til his birthday!
- The basic structure of the eye is well underway - The position is more "newborn" like already!
- The tongue begins to develop during week 8 of pregnancy
- Intestines move out of the umbilical cord into the abdomen.
- Body grows and makes room - Two months along and this little one is growing inside and out by leaps and bounds!
- The fingers and toes have appeared but are webbed and short
- After 8 weeks of pregnancy, baby's length (crown to rump) is 0.61 inch (1.6cm) and weight is 0.04 ounce (1gm)
Copyright © Pregnancy.org.