I had a c-section with my first baby and now I'm pregnant again.
I think I want to try a VBAC. But I've been reading that pitocin can increase the risk of problems with a VBAC.
If I don't go into labor will a doctor use pitocin or just perform another c-section?
There are many factors that go into this decision, but under no circumstances with the doctor "just perform another c-section." Major abdominal surgery is your decision, and yours alone, as long as you are conscious. I'd suggest that you visit www.ican-online.org for more information about VBAC and how to increase your chances of having a healthy delivery. Good luck!
--Cynthia, CNM. PhD.