It's not hard to imagine this as a common scenario. The baby finally fell asleep in her car seat. Mom or dad just needs to run into the store for "a minute." A minute turns into 20. That’s all it took for their baby to die of heat stroke. Hard to believe this can happen? Believe it! Three children died last week in this same scenario.
car seat safety
It takes a lot to shock police these days. It's rare, if not unheard of to be faced with what Chicago police found on one particular routine traffic stop.
A mother in Phoenix, Arizona will not be nominated for "Mother of the Year" anytime soon. 19-year-old Catalina Clouser made headlines Saturday after she drove off with her six-month-old son on the roof of the car. Thankfully, he was in his car seat which saved his life.
Some babies fall asleep almost before you're out of the driveway, but others won't spend five happy minutes in their car seats. The good news is that a few new ideas and a little time and maturity will help your baby become a happy traveler.