Is a Gynecologist or Internal Medicine Specialist Best for Me?

Cynthia Flynn's picture


I am 4-5 weeks pregnant and my doctor is specialized in internal medicine. Once I told her that I took two pregnancy tests and that I missed my period she asked me to come for a blood tests and to start taking folic acid.

My doctor is very good doctor but since I am pregnant, I should switch to a gynecologist or should I continue with her?

Thank you.